Whether you’re an experienced writer or just starting out, an endless number of pitfalls can trip up your efforts, from procrastination and writer’s block to thin characters and uninspired plots. Luckily, you have access to an extraordinary writing tool that can help overcome all of these problems: your magnificent brain!
Fire Up Your Writing Brain teachers you how to develop your brain to its fullest potential. Based on proven, easy-to-understand neuroscience, this book details ways to stimulate, nurture, and hone your brain into the ultimate writing tool. You’ll learn how to:
IDENTIFY the type of writer you are: Do you think or feel your way through writing a book? Are you a punster or a plotter?
DEVELOP writing models that accelerate your learning curve.
HARDWIRE your brain for endurance and increased productivity.
BRAINSTORM better character concepts and plot points
LEARN to edit your manuscript on both a macro and a micro level
RECHARGE a lagging brain to gain an extra burst of creativity
Filled with accessible instruction, practical techniques, and thought-provoking exercises, Fire Up Your Writing Brain shows you how to become a more productive, creative, and successful writer – a veritable writing genius!
Specifically, it discusses such topics as:
- How to identify, reinforce, and maximize what attracted your brain to writing.
- If you’re a “top brain” or “bottom brain” writer, and why it matters.
- How to prepare, program, and tap into your brain’s “vast neuronal forest ” to achieve writing genius.
- How to fire up a lagging brain and propel it into overdrive.
- How to build cognitive templates that accelerate learning.
- Specific strategies for brainstorming story, character, and plot ideas—from beginning to end.
- How to use metacognition and global ignition to boost creativity and perfect your craft.
- How to hardwire your brain for endurance and increased productivity—even while you’re sleeping.
- How to conquer cognitive inertia and train your brain to “go with the flow.”
Each chapter includes strategies for each stage of writing – the beginning, the middle, and the ending – and special Train Your Writing Brain exercises designed to tap into and expand your writing genius.